What We Believe
Napa Valley Community Church is a local ministry of the Christian Reformed Church of North America.
- Christ-Centered: We believe that Jesus is the only Son of God, and our only Savior. He was fully human, and fully God. He is the second member of the Trinity.
- Bible-Based: We believe that the Bible is the only inspired and infallible word of God. As such it is our rule for faith and life. For this reason we teach the Bible in church and in Bible studies. As a result our sermons are typically exegetical by choice and design.
- Committed to Biblical Marriage. We believe that God has ordained marriage to be between a man and woman. As our creator we believe that is how he intended marriage to be. In addition, we believe that marriage is a sacred institution created by God, and we are to honor it and keep it holy as he has instructed.
- Committed to the Biblical family. We believe our children are a gift from God and as such they are our sacred responsibility. As a church, we pledge to encourage and support our families and educate our children in the fear and admonition of the Lord.
- In the Reformed Perspective: We subscribe to the historical Ecumenical Creeds (the Apostles' Creed, the Nicene Creed and the Athanasian Creed) and the Reformed Confessions of faith: the Heidelberg Catechism, the Belgic Confession and the Canons of Dordt.
- SOLA Defined: Our doctrines reflect our understanding the scriptures and can generally be summarized by the 5 SOLA'S of the Reformation.
We carry out our statements of belief through:
- A refreshing God-centered and Christ-centered worship, loving and authentic fellowship, and invigorating and life-affirming service.
- We encourage every member and every attendee to make daily focused time for prayer and Bible study, as well as making regular church attendance a priority.
We invite you to see if our Reformed perspective resonates with you as well.